Based in East Lancashire, Smith Jones Solicitors is a successful claimant personal injury firm established in 1988. An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced full time Legal Assistant in our Holiday Sickness team.
Duties to include:
- Take initial enquiries to include:
- Speaking with client
- Obtaining all relevant details
- Obtaining paperwork to assess the claim.
- Submitting claim to fee earner to review.
- Opening new file and sending client care documentation.
- Checking and saving incoming client care documentation.
- Requesting, chasing and reviewing medical records.
- Assisting in drafting Schedules of Loss.
- General administrative tasks in support of progressing claim – i.e. bundles, instructions to counsel and experts.
- Work on the Proclaim Case Management System.
- Time record where appropriate.
- Attending to filing of all appropriate documentation.
- Ensuring client confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Undertake such other tasks as required by the Firm.
The successful applicant will have:
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Sales experience desirable.
- Excellent keyboard skills.
- Pleasant, confident and willing approach.
- Able to produce neat and accurate work.
- Good attention to detail.
Salary: £15 – £16k per annum.
36 ¼ hours per week either 9am – 5pm or 10am – 6pm.
32 days holiday per year.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to HR@sjlaw.co.uk