The materials appearing on this website do not constitute legal advice and are provided for general information purposes only. No warranty, whether express or implied, is given in relation to such material. We shall not be liable for any technical, editorial, typographical or other errors or omissions within the information provided on this website, nor shall we be responsible for the content of any web images or information linked to this website.
Smith Jones (Solicitors) Ltd is a limited company registered in England & Wales (registered number 6938570). Authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority as solicitors in England & Wales (registration numbers 515276 & 518799). Details of the company’s Professional Indemnity Insurance, Standard Terms & Conditions and Complaints Procedure are available on request from the Registered Office. The Registered Office is: Towneley House, Kingsway, Burnley, BB11 1BJ.
The word ‘partner’, used in relation to the limited company, refers to a shareholder of the limited company or a designated employee or consultant of the limited company or of any affiliated firm who has equivalent standing and qualifications. A list of the shareholders of the company, and of those non-shareholders who are designated as partners, is available from the registered office on request.
We use ‘Smith Jones’ to refer to Smith Jones (Solicitors) Ltd and affiliated entities that practise under the name ‘Smith Jones ‘ or a name that incorporates those words. Reference to ‘Smith Jones’ is to Smith Jones (Solicitors) Ltd and/or one or more of those affiliated entities as the context requires. For important regulatory information please visit: www.sra.org.uk/solicitors/code-of-conduct
1. In cases that have been brought before a ‘Stage 3’ hearing, our team have secured an average 84% higher settlement than the defendant’s final offer.
(Correct up to March 2016)
2. Settlement values quoted are based on the average settlement for the financial year Sept 2014 – Aug 15. The exact figure is £11,569.21.
3. Figure is taken from period 01.04.13 – 31.03.14
4. 2014 satisfaction survey results from 01.04.13 to 31.3.14; Outstanding – 73%, Very good – 22%, Good – 4%, Satisfactory – 1%)
5. On average, we secure compensation of £6,514.16 for clients who have suffered an accident at work. (Figure correct as of period 01.09.15 – 30.06.16)
6. Success rate based on claims that reached a full conclusion between 01.09.2015 to 30.06.2016
7. Figures are taken from http://www.nationalsmilemonth.org/facts-figures/
8. Figures are taken from http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/dentalhealth/Pages/Fearofthedentist.aspx
9. Figures are taken from http://www.nationalsmilemonth.org/facts-figures/
10. Figures are taken from https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/2014/07/03/2346gppsw2201314/
11. Figures are taken from http://www.webmd.boots.com/oral-health/guide/gingivitis-periodontal-disease
12. On average, we have secured compensation of £16,937 for clients who have suffered an accident at work. (Figure correct for settled files closed in the period 01.09.16 – 31.05.17)
13. Most claims are funded through a no win, no fee/Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA) to limit the financial risk to you in pursuing a claim. This is effectively a risk sharing agreement with us whereby you do not (provided you have been honest and straightforward) pay any of our charges if your case is not successful.
Our legal costs are only payable if your claim is successful. Whilst most of these costs will then be recovered from your opponent, there is likely to be a shortfall. That will be deducted from your final settlement award and is capped at an agreed percentage to ensure that you retain the majority of the compensation awarded to you. Your representative will discuss the percentage with you over the telephone and the same will be set out in writing in the Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA) and in your client care letter. It may be that the costs shortfall is less than the agreed cap, in which case, we will charge you the lower amount.
If your claim is unsuccessful, we will not ask you to pay or contribute to our legal costs provided that you have followed the terms of the signed CFA. There may be scenarios set out within the CFA where you are liable to meet the charges even if you do not win. An example of this would be where you stop instructing us, making it impossible to win your case, or provide us with information that you know to be false or misleading.
Should your claim be unsuccessful, there may be costs in relation to disbursements that we have paid on your behalf throughout the claim (such as medical record fees, medical report fees and Court fees) those disbursements are separate from our legal costs and it may be possible to take out an insurance policy to cover you against these charges. We will discuss with you at the outset your options in relation to that protection and the costs associated with the same.
Our team will discuss all your options with you at the outset. You will not be liable for any costs and disbursements until you have received and signed a copy of your Conditional Fee Agreement. Full terms and conditions can be found in your Conditional Fee Agreement, client care letter and our Client Information Booklet which will be supplied to you at the start of your claim.
Specialist No Win, No Fee Solicitors
Helping People for over 30 Years
We’re Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot
We Recover your Loss of Earnings