Based in East Lancashire, Smith Jones Solicitors is a successful claimant personal injury firm established in 1988. An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Litigator to join their busy holiday sickness fast track team.
The role requires an individual with 5 years of experience managing their own litigated case load of personal injury and/or holiday illness claims.
Experience and proven work record are key.
Duties to include:
- Manage, on a stand-alone basis, your own caseload of non-litigated and litigated files. Experience of all stages of Litigation is a must.
- You will be responsible for assessing liability and quantum under the supervision of the Team Leader.
- Managing files within Proclaim CMS:
- High service standards
- Handling client communication
- Accurate time recording
- Maintaining in house Protocols for Case Management
- Managing tasks and diary
- Liaising with other departments including Accounts and Costs to progress & settle claims
- Handling ATE policies
- Handling client damages as required
- Checking KPI compliance
- Undertake such other tasks as required by the company
Knowledge and skills required include:
- Proven legal/procedural knowledge.
- Strong IT skills.
- Ability to work to targets and deadlines.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail;
- Experience of working with a case management system preferably Proclaim;
- Good telephone manner.
36 ¼ hours per week.
32 days holiday per year.
Salary dependent on experience.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to HR@sjlaw.co.uk