Based in East Lancashire, Smith Jones Solicitors is a successful claimant personal injury firm established in 1988. An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Holiday Sickness Case Handler.
Experience and proven work record are key.
Duties to include:
- Manage, on a stand-alone basis, your own caseload of non-litigated files. Including:
- Drafting witness statements.
- Instructing experts.
- Completing schedules of loss.
- Advise upon liability and quantum.
- Drafting letters of claim.
- Issue proceedings.
- Attend application hearings and case management conferences.
- Assessing liability and quantum under the supervision of the Team Leader.
- Managing files within the Proclaim Case Management System:
- High service standards.
- Handling client communication.
- Accurate time recording.
- Maintaining in house Protocols for Case Management.
- Managing tasks and diary.
- Liaising with other departments including Accounts and Costs to progress & settle claims.
- Handling ATE policies.
- Handling client damages as required.
- Checking KPI compliance.
- Undertake such other tasks as required by the company
Knowledge and skills required include:
- Proven legal/procedural knowledge.
- Strong IT skills.
- Ability to work to targets and deadlines.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience of working with a case management system preferably Proclaim.
- Good telephone manner.
36 ¼ hours per week 9am – 5pm.
32 days holiday per year.
Salary dependent on experience.