While on holiday in Mexico, Mr G and his girlfriend, Miss W, were taken ill after eating food from the resort’s buffet style restaurant.
Mr G and Miss W booked a two-week holiday to a resort just south of Cancun, Mexico. Unfortunately, most of their holiday was spent in their hotel room after contracting food poisoning only a few days into their holiday. This illness continued when the couple returned to the UK, leading to Mr G missing a couple of days of work.
Their holiday had been effectively ruined by their suffering and we negotiated a settlement of £1,400 for Mr G and £1,500 for Miss W and were glad to hear that they both made a full recovery after their return to the UK.
Our clients booked an all-inclusive package holiday and consequently our specialist team was able to rely on ‘The Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992’.
The Package Travel Regulations allow you to claim against your tour operator, here in the UK, for an illness that you suffered whilst on holiday abroad.
We represented the couple on a No Win No Fee basis to ensure that they undertook minimal financial risk.