Mr and Mrs H took a two-week family holiday to Bavaro in the Dominican Republic to celebrate their 10th wedding anniversary. However, the celebrations were cut short when Mrs H contracted food poisoning.
Only a couple of days into their holiday, Mrs H unfortunately began to experience stomach cramps, leading to diarrhoea and vomiting. This meant that she was stuck in the hotel room for most of the holiday, leaving her husband to take care of their children by himself and causing the family to miss out on valuable time together on their special trip.
The hotel’s hygiene standards were further questioned when raw sewage emerged from the drain in the bathtub only a couple of days into the illness suffered by Mrs H.
On her return to the UK, our client suffered an infection as a result of the antibiotics that she was using and also developed a significant cold sore on her lip which caused further discomfort on the journey home.
The couple complained to hotel management and then sought representation from our holiday sickness experts who recovered £2,400 for a holiday ruined and for Mrs H’s prolonged suffering.
After 2 weeks of illness, our client thankfully made a full recovery.
The holiday was booked as an all-inclusive package holiday and consequently, our experts could rely on ‘The Package Travel, Package Holiday and Package Tour Regulations 1992’.
The Regulations permit you to make a claim against a tour operator based in the UK for an illness that was suffered on holiday abroad.
We take every step to ensure that our clients undergo minimal financial risk and therefore we represented Mrs H on a No Win, No Fee basis.