Based in East Lancashire, Smith Jones Solicitors is a successful claimant personal injury firm established in 1988. An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Legal Assistant. This is a dual role and the duties will include:
- Provide support to the legal team including:
- Working within the Proclaim case management system.
- Scanning and saving post into the appropriate electronic file on Proclaim.
- Producing file notes, and recording time, of such telephone calls and communications.
- Requisition BACS payments/cheques, transfers and post receipts through the Proclaim CMS.
- Attending to filing of all appropriate documentation.
- Producing paper files as required.
- Ensuring paper files up to date and maintained in good order.
- Producing Trial Bundles as required.
- Audio/copy typing and word processing with an accurate and appropriate speed.
- Making and receiving telephone calls, screening calls from clients and other firms.
Case management system administration including:
- Assisting with the administration of CMS.
- Assisting with systems development/testing.
- General administration duties.
- Undertake such other tasks as required by the Firm.
The successful applicant will have:
- Secretarial experience.
- Strong IT skills.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience of working with a case management system, preferably Proclaim.
- Good telephone manner.
36 ¼ hours per week 9am – 5pm.
32 days holiday per year.
Salary £14,000 – £16,000 per annum dependent on experience.