An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced fast track file handler to join our busy Personal Injury team based at Smith Jones Solicitors in Burnley. Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
We are looking to recruit a Solicitor/File Handler to handle a caseload of predominantly Fast Track, Claimant RTA/EL/PL/OL files.
Applications are invited from experienced Solicitors or File Handlers with experience of handling Fast Track files. You will have excellent communication and telephone skills and be able to work as part of a team.
This is a great opportunity to join a progressive law firm, who have a good reputation for client care. Working for this forward-thinking firm there is a pleasant working environment, excellent benefits along with opportunities for progression and development.
Experience and proven work record are key. Duties to include:
- Manage, on a stand-alone basis, your own caseload of non-litigated and litigated files. Experience of all stages of Litigation is a must.
- You will be responsible for assessing liability and quantum.
- Managing files within the Proclaim Case Management System:
- High service standards
- Handling client communication
- Accurate time recording
- Maintaining in house Protocols for Case Management
- Managing tasks and diary
- Liaising with other departments including Accounts and Costs to progress & settle claims
- Handling ATE policies
- Handling client damages as required
- Checking KPI compliance
- Undertake such other tasks as required by the company.
Knowledge and skills required include
- It is essential that you have demonstrable experience of working across a broad range of Personal Injury matters
- Considerable experience in claimant fast track work
- Proven legal/procedural knowledge
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience of working with a case management system preferably Proclaim
- Good telephone manner
36 ¼ hours per week.
32 days holiday per year.
Salary dependent on experience.