Industrial Injury Compensation
COMPENSATION FOR OUR CLIENTS IS
The term ‘industrial injury’ can refer to a wide variety of different incidents and claims. Thankfully, in recent years the number of industrial injuries has steadily reduced, mainly in part to stricter health and safety regulations. However, there are still large numbers of accidents in the workplace reported every year. If you have been involved in an industrial accident that wasn’t your fault, contact the friendly and professional team at Smith Jones and speak to one of our personal injury solicitors who will be happy to help make a successful claim for industrial injury compensation .
- 1 How to Start Your Industrial Injury Compensation Claim
- 2 Industrial Injury Compensation Calulator
- 3 INDUSTRIAL INJURY CLAIM – More info
Injuries resulting from industrial accidents are more common in industries that use dangerous machinery or equipment and/or require heavy manual labour. This includes sectors such as manufacturing, agriculture, construction and mining. The list of injuries and incidents that can be classified as industrial is exhaustive. Some of the most common industrial injury claims our team work with include:
- Falls From Height
- Forklift Truck And Other Industrial Vehicle Accidents
- Accidents Involving Hazardous Substances
- Accidents Involving Dangerous Machinery
- Manual And Heavy Lifting Accidents
- Glass Accidents
- Slips And Trips
How to Start Your Industrial Injury Compensation Claim
If you would like to investigate further as to whether you have a legitimate industrial injury compensation claim, then call us on 0800 195 95 90 to speak to one of our specialist industrial injury solicitors today.
START YOUR CLAIM
Making a claim with Smith Jones is simple and we’ll be at your side through every step of the process.
INDUSTRIAL INJURY CLAIM – More info
FALLS FROM HEIGHT
These types of accidents can result in broken bones and other serious injuries. There are strict guidelines outlined by the Work at Height Regulations on the safe use of platforms, scaffolding and ladders. It also features directions for the safe use of automated hoisting equipment and harnesses. When these guidelines are not followed correctly, accidents can happen. If this or something similar has happened to you or a loved one, then call us for expert advice on how we can help you pursue an industrial injury compensation claim & get the justice you deserve.
INJURED BY A FORKLIFT
Accidents involving any type of industrial and workplace vehicles generally occur because the driver and/or other workers on the site have not been properly trained. It may also be that appropriate and regular maintenance has not been carried out, or proper procedure has not been followed. If this has been the case and you got injured by a forklift or other heavy machinery then the team at Smith Jones Solicitors can help you claim industrial injury compensation. Feel free to use our contact form or call us on 0800 195 95 90 for a free consultation.
In many industries, there are often hazardous substances and chemicals used. These can cause injuries, medical conditions and even life-threatening diseases if the correct safety equipment is not used. It is also vital that safe working practices are followed, and workers have been trained appropriately for dealing with dangerous substances. (Read about claiming for diseases here)
Accidents can range from chemical burns and skin irritations to respiratory illnesses, diseases and serious poisoning. In industries where workers are exposed to substances such as acids, oil, dust and asbestos, the chance of accidents or illness occurring is far greater. The reality is that if proper procedures, training and safety measures are not followed, accidents can happen at any time. If you have suffered an injury involving hazardous substances that wasn’t your fault, then the team at Smith Jones can help you get the care, rehabilitation and the industrial injury compensation you deserve. Call us on 0800 195 95 90 or fill in our contact form for a free consultation.
When machinery is not used properly it can become dangerous and they can cause various types of accidents and injuries. These might be crush injuries, lacerations, cuts and other wounds from flying debris. It would be seen as negligence on the part of the employer if adequate training and safety advice was not provided, not just to the employees operating the machinery but those working in the vicinity too.
If you have suffered an industrial injury involving heavy machinery that wasn’t your fault, then the team at Smith Jones can help you get the care, rehabilitation and compensation that you deserve. Call 0800 195 95 90 or fill in our contact form to schedule a free consultation to discuss making a claim for industrial injury compensation with one of our experts.
COMMON CAUSES OF AN INDUSTRIAL INJURY
Although there is a wide spectrum of reasons as to why industrial accidents occur, the most common causes are:
- Failure of the employer to provide the appropriate level of safety training
- Failure of the employer to provide the correct personal protection equipment, also known as PPE
- Failure to implement the appropriate safety signs to warn everyone in the vicinity of hazards
- Failure to carry out regular and thorough inspections, maintenance and repairs on machinery and equipment
WHEN ARE COMPANIES REGARDED AS NEGLIGENT?
All employers have a legal duty of care towards their employees and therefore must take all the appropriate steps to ensure the risks of injury due to industrial accidents are as low as possible. As part of this duty, they are expected to observe and follow extensive health and safety guidelines, outlined in these acts:
- Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992,
- Work At Height Regulations 2005
- Control Of Substances Hazardous To Health Regulations 2002
- Management Of Health And Safety At Work Regulations 1999
- Health and Safety At Work Act 1974
- Electricity At Work Regulations 1989
- Personal Protective Equipment At Work Regulations 1992
- Working Time Regulations 1998
- Control Of Vibration At Work Regulations 2005
- Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation And Restriction Of Chemicals Regulations 2007
- Reporting Of Industrial Injuries, Diseases And Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013
- Supply Of Machinery (Safety) Regulations 2008
- Construction (Design And Management) Regulations 2015
- Control Of Noise At Work Regulations 2005
The responsibilities of employers towards their workforce are clearly identified and defined in legislation. Therefore, if employees are involved in an industrial accident and the employer did not follow the legally stipulated guidelines, then the members of staff involved would be eligible to make a claim for industrial injury compensation from the employer.
INDUSTRIAL INJURY COMPENSATION & HOW MUCH YOU COULD GET
In much the same way that no-one can say just how long an Industrial Injury Claim will take to be processed, similarly, no-one can say exactly how much compensation you will receive. This will only become known as your case progresses. However, the good news is we offer a compensation calculator, specially designed to give you a rough estimate the industrial injury compensation payout you could win. Plus, we will help you access all the support that is made available to you.
We understand that no amount of money will really be able to change what you have suffered. However, a highly qualified and experienced personal injury lawyer will make sure that you and any family dependant on you are not left out of pocket as a result of your accident.
After all, you may have had to take time off work or quit your job completely because of your injury. This evidently puts you under considerable financial pressure which isn’t fair when you’re trying to cope with the ups and downs of recovery. Just getting back on your feet can be difficult enough, without money issues thrown into the mix too.
Our specialist team of lawyers will account for all the expenses your injury has generated when making your industrial accident claim. We will weigh up the impact it has had on your family, hobbies and social life to make sure you get the industrial injury compensation you deserve.
WHAT WILL MY FINAL SETTLEMENT AMOUNT BE?
If you have been involved in an accident at your place of work that wasn’t your fault, contact Smith Jones today about making an industrial injury compensation claim. Our team of successful and experienced personal injury lawyers will be able to guide you through every step of the compensation claim process and help make it right. We mostly offer our services on a no-win, no-fee agreement; meaning the process of initiating your compensation claim and representing you will not cost you money if it is unsuccessful (terms and conditions apply).¹³
Call us on freephone 0800 195 95 90 or fill in our contact form to schedule a free consultation to discuss your options.
Why Choose Smith Jones Solicitors?
- We evaluate your case and begin proceeding on a No Win No Fee basis.
- We recover your loss of earnings.
- We Always Aim to get the Maximum Compensation for your Claim.
- Over 30 years Experience in dealing with Personal Injury Claims.
- We have Over a 90% Success rate & have assisted 1,000’s of clients win Compensation.
- We operate a professional yet “plain speaking” approach. The advice we give is based on many years of experience and stands for itself – without needing to be masked with legal jargon or confusing language.